Name: Introduction to Edge Profiles
Instructor: Philip Morley
Skill Level: Beginner
Format: Online (Central Standard Time Zone)
This class is taught online via a live video conferencing platform.
This class will cover how Philip Morley designs and executes unique edge profiles that complement the design of his pieces and help his furniture to stand out. We will cover several different edge profiles that Philip will discuss, demonstrate and answer questions. He will explain and demonstrate the importance of working end grain and maintaining hard lines. We will also demonstrate and discuss various router bits and hand tools that can be used to create the wood edge profiles.
Questions that will be answered:
- Why add a profile to an edge?
- Where to add them and not add them?
- What type of profile can be created?
- Hand tools or power tools?
- What tools do I need?
- What woods work well?
- How to practice making edge profiles?
Tool list coming soon
- Discussion and demonstration of Edge Profiles
- This is a live virtual class with live Q & A
- A temporary recording of the class with be provided after the course
- Times are Central Standard Times
- You can join via computer or smart phone but a computer is recommended in order to easily ask questions
- This class is taught by Philip Morley
What you’ll need:
- Tool List – coming soon
- High-Speed Internet
- Zoom Video Conferencing
Click on the link below for instruction on how to download and get started with Zoom Video Conferencing.