Name: Introduction to Relief Carving
Instructor: Aspen Golann
Skill Level: Beginner
Format: Online (Central Standard Time Zone)
This class is taught online via a live video conferencing platform.
Popular in 1600 and 2020, this ancient carving method is showing up all over the contemporary furniture field – so come jump on the bandwagon and learn the essentials of this old technique! We will cover tools, technique, grip, pattern design and jigs for holding your work and for sharpening your tools. The instructor will also demonstrate how to make punch tools and a depth gauge. The relief technique is an ideal introduction to carving and looks gorgeous on furniture and smaller projects like boxes, bowls, plates and trays. This stay-at-home-friendly process requires simple tools, no expensive vices or grips, and no power tools. Patterns and tool lists will be provided so you can carve along or just sit back and enjoy this introduction to the craft.
- Discussion and demonstration of Relief Carving
- This is a live virtual class with live Q & A
- A temporary recording of the class with be provided after the course
- Times are Central Standard Times
- You can join via computer or smart phone but a computer is recommended in order to easily ask questions
- This class is taught by Aspen Golann
What you’ll need:
Click on the link below for instruction on how to download and get started with Zoom Video Conferencing.